Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Sept. 7, 2016

I have a funeral I have to go to tomorrow.

Its for an uncle.  Its an uncle by marriage (my uncle, my mother's sister's husband, his brother in law) but its all family.  It doesn't matter if its by blood.  For the rest of my family's sake, I don't give out names, because I respect their privacy.

There are two things about him, though that will last with me forever.  One is how he could find a topic to talk to someone about, and you could sit there and have a great one on one conversation with him.  With me it was Florida.  He lived there when he was growing up, I lived there for a few years when I worked for Disney.

But the best thing I could ever say about him was that he was a hard working humble man who never let any bumps in the road get him down.  Through illnesses or what have you, whenever you would say hi to him and ask "How are you?"  His answer would always be a genuine, "Great."   Even I can't muster that sometimes.  My answer is usually "I'm okay." So..

Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment